Saturday, December 31, 2011

XPmode #2

Downloaded and, I think, installed XPmode.

The trouble is, Microsoft's website and installer give unclear info as to whether it is installed or not. I'll have to check of course, but as far as the sequence of screens told me, I've downloaded XPmode and the virtualiser, the virtualiser might be installed, but I'm completely unclear that XPmode is. All I've been told by computer is that it has downloaded. Of course, machine rebooted, and it looked like XPmode got installed. But its unclear.

Message to Microsoft: clarity of information to users is paramount. When you prepare your screen messages, get a neophyte to tell you if they make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I'd love to hear your comments, but if they are off topic, ranting, badly spelt, or just plain dull, I'll shred them.